As you know, Cloud Coachers are passionate about training. Many of our courses are designed to train you for official Salesforce certifications. In these courses, we not only provide materials, we also provide steps and advice to make sure you pass. When the course is over, we always recommend that you book a date to take the certification exam as soon as possible. This is because the more recent the content is, the better!
Before we provide a step-by-step guide to booking a date for the exam, it is important that you understand which two platforms you must register with first:
Trailhead is Salesforce’s online training platform, where you can find modules classed by themes, with simple exercises to learn and practice for the certificate. Additionally, Trailhead is gamified: you earn points and badges as you pass modules.
Webassessor (by Kryterion) is the online exam tool used by Salesforce to administer online certificates. Here you can choose the exam mode (online or onsite) and the date and time that suits you best.
Step-by-step guide to booking an exam:
1. First create a Trailhead account. You can do this with your Salesforce, Google, or LinkedIn account. We suggest you use a personal account.
2. Once you are registered, in the main menu you can access Credentials > Certifications. You will find a list of all official Salesforce examinations, grouped by subject areas (Marketing, Admin, Developer, etc.). Choose your role and click on “Schedule now”.
3. This will take you to Webassessor, where you will also need to create an account to book the exam date. The best idea is to use the same user data used on Trailhead.
4. Once you have created the account, you can access the tab “Register for an exam”, select your exam, the type of exam you want (we normally recommend onsite examinations), and then click on “Register”.
5. Once you are there, if you have selected the onsite mode (onsite proctored), you can filter the centers available in your city and select the one most convenient to you (you can choose more than one). If you have chosen an online examination (online proctored), you will move straight on to step 6.
6. Here you will see the available times and dates to do the exam at the selected center(s). Choose the best date for you and check the sentence that says: “I acknowledge…”. Then click on “Select”.
7. After choosing your examination time, you only need to click on “Check Out” to make the payment or enter the voucher code (if you have one).
8. You will get a confirmation email. Remember you can answer the email from firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an extra half-an-hour if English is not your native language. If you do not get an answer via email, another option is to open a ticket to make a direct request here.
9. Once you have finished (and, we are sure, passed!) your examination, you will need to link your Trailhead and Webassessor accounts to maintain and renew your certificates. Go to this link to find out how to do this. Remember that official Salesforce certifications need maintenance occasionally. See how often you need to renew your certification here. Do not worry, because it is truly a piece of cake! You do not need to repeat the exam, with all the stress involved. Certification renewal is through Trailhead and normally you just need to answer some simple questions about the latest product releases.
If, however, you do need to repeat the exam (anyone can have a bad day…), there is no need to beat yourself up about it. You have an extra three chances for a single payment of USD $100. Please see the information here.
If you have any questions about how to book the date for your exam, do not hesitate to contact us! We will be delighted to help you.
We wish you luck and hope you get certified soon!